ports structure and improvement suggestions

Pav Lucistnik pav at FreeBSD.org
Thu May 11 13:42:03 UTC 2006

Frank Laszlo píše v čt 11. 05. 2006 v 08:09 -0400:
> Pav Lucistnik wrote:

> >> As I said before, a simple method to fix this problem would be to
> >> extend the way OPTIONS works, where we create a new target to list
> >> possibly options for the port, and require maintainers to keep it up
> >> to date. i.e.
> >>
> >> # make options
> >> ===> Options for foo/bar.
> >> WITH_BAR     Build port with support for bar
> >> WITH_FOO    blah
> >> WITH_A          blah blah...
> >>
> >> This would be fairly simple to implement using the current way
> >> OPTIONS are handled, I'll add this to my list of todo items.
> >>

> > We already have this. Tried make showconfig?
> >

> This only shows currently configured options and depends on the
> existence of  _OPTIONSFILE. I would like to see a target that shows user
> configurable options BEFORE they are built/configured.

You are right.  That's not very useful.  I have just submitted this
patch:

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?q=97133

--
Pav Lucistnik <pav at oook.cz>
              <pav at FreeBSD.org>

42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.