Unfetchable distfiles reminder

Shaun Amott shaun at inerd.com
Mon May 8 18:54:16 UTC 2006

On Mon, May 08, 2006 at 09:27:23AM -0500, Paul Schmehl wrote:
> Bill Fenner wrote:
> >Dear porters,
> >
> >  This is just a reminder to please periodically check the list of
> >unfetchable distfiles at http://people.freebsd.org/~fenner/portsurvey/ .
> >In particular, the list of ports with no MAINTAINER with distfile
> >problems, which currently has 203 bad ports, is
> >
> >http://people.freebsd.org/~fenner/portsurvey/ports@freebsd.org.html
> >
> Rather than a list of ports with unfectchable distfiles and no
> maintainer, this appears to be a list of every port.
>
> Is the link incorrect?  Or am I doing something wrong?

The ports at freebsd.org.html page is unmaintained ports only. However, all
the links point to category pages, which contain all ports, maintained
or not.

The category pages are quite long, so it can take a while for your
browser to scroll down to the port in question.

> Mark the port as DEPRECATED and let the committers decide on an
> EXPIRATION DATE?

Only on files with a last OK date of <a long time ago>, IMO.

--
Shaun Amott [ PGP: 0x6B387A9A ]
    Scientia Est Potentia.