sourceforge subdir default

Andrew Pantyukhin infofarmer at gmail.com
Fri May 5 13:50:48 UTC 2006

On 4/28/06, Ion-Mihai Tetcu <itetcu at people.tecnik93.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Apr 2006 19:27:38 +0400
> "Andrew Pantyukhin" <infofarmer at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Okay, I wonder if we can set M_S_SUBDIR to PORTNAME
> > by default no matter what MASTER_SITES we have. I mean
> > if there's a %SUBDIR% to replace, PORTNAME seems to be
> > a reasonable default value, doesn't it?
>
> I've been thinking about the same thing for some time.
>
> Care to provide:
> a) patch for b.p.m
> b) patch for affected ports where this is true
> ( c) the rest of M_S_SF ports should work w/o modifications ) ?
>
> I'll do a test for all the affected ports.

% find /usr/ports -iname Makefile\* -exec egrep -H
'^MASTER_SITE_SUBDIR=[[:space:]]*\$\{PORTNAME\}$' {} + | wc -l
    1357

So I think I won't provide a patch for the ports, we'll do patching
step-by-step later (in the manner of USE_REINPLACE deprecation)

Attached is a very simple diff. Even without any testing, I don't see
how it can break anything at all. I'll submit a pr some time later.