firefox 1.5.0.3 beeps constantly and crashes

Vasil Dimov vd at FreeBSD.org
Fri May 5 06:31:01 UTC 2006

On Thu, May 04, 2006 at 07:17:22PM +0200, Dimitar Vasilev wrote:

> There is a problem with firefox when running on flash sites or sites
> with heavy CSS
> I built the port with
> open links in new tab
> smb support
> debug symbols.
> Attached are the dump of gdb, the core file and the kernel config file

Please submit this using send-pr(1). Furthermore you are just one step
from fixing the bug itself in firefox - just investigate this:

   buffer=0x17e <Address 0x17e out of bounds>, width=9033, height=37340,
   format=241, tableSize=1, tableHasAlpha=0) at bitmap.cc:498

Especially where does that `buffer' variable gets its ill value from.

Reconfiguring (make config) www/firefox without DEBUG and without
LOGGING removed the annoying beep for me.

Btw you forgot the kernel config file, but it is irrelevant for this
problem.

--
Vasil Dimov
gro.DSBeerF at dv

Testing can show the presence of bugs, but not their absence.
                -- Edsger W. Dijkstra