Local Patch Hierarchy

Shaun Amott shaun at inerd.com
Wed Mar 29 00:08:12 UTC 2006

On Sat, Mar 25, 2006 at 07:26:01PM -0600, Douglas K. Rand wrote:

> First off, I was wondering if there is a method that I just missed
> that will already accomplish this, or something near this. And if not,
> does anybody think it is a good idea.

Well, you can put your local patches inside the 'files' directory of
individual ports, and bsd.port.mk will apply them along with the other
patches. If you use cvsup to update your ports, the additional patches
won't be touched when you update.

I think this is generally the accepted way of doing what you want.

--
Shaun Amott [ PGP: 0x6B387A9A ]
    Scientia Est Potentia.