ports, portsdb and /etc/src.conf interaction

Gerald Pfeifer gerald at pfeifer.com
Tue Mar 28 21:41:25 UTC 2006

On Tue, 28 Mar 2006, Jens Schweikhardt wrote:
> it appears there is some unexpected interaction between the ports and
> the recently introduced /etc/src.conf on 7-CURRENT. The man page
> src.conf(5) lists among others WITHOUT_FORTRAN and WITHOUT_NIS.
> [...]
> "/usr/share/mk/bsd.own.mk", line 353: WITH_FORTRAN and WITHOUT_FORTRAN can't both be set.
> [...]
> The first happens because /usr/ports/lang/gfortran/Makefile defines
> WITH_FORTRAN unconditionally. I think a possible fix would be to
> have it depend on the setting of WITHOUT_FORTRAN (this message
> cc'd to lang/gfortran maintainer gerald at FreeBSD.org).

Well, but setting WITH_FORTRAN to build lang/gcc41 is the only
reason for the lang/gfortran port to exist.

Since this is just an option for lang/gcc41, I'd be glad to see
the lang/gfortran port being removed; users just would have to
build one of the recent lang/gcc ports with WITH_FORTRAN being
set.

Does that sound okay?

Gerald