libs shadowed

Tom McLaughlin tmclaugh at sdf.lonestar.org
Tue Mar 28 17:50:23 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-03-25 at 14:58 -1000, Randy Bush wrote:
> # portsclean -LDC
> Cleaning out /usr/ports/*/*/work...
> done.
> Detecting unreferenced distfiles...
> no unreferenced distfiles found.
> ** /usr/local/lib/libhdb.so.7 is shadowed by /usr/lib/libhdb.so.7
>         /usr/lib/libhdb.so.7    <- ?
>         /usr/local/lib/libhdb.so.7      <- heimdal-0.6.6
>  --> This may be an undesirable situation
> Leave /usr/lib/libhdb.so.7 (specify -i to ask on this)
>
> ** /usr/local/lib/libkadm5srv.so.7 is shadowed by /usr/lib/libkadm5srv.so.7
>         /usr/lib/libkadm5srv.so.7       <- ?
>         /usr/local/lib/libkadm5srv.so.7 <- heimdal-0.6.6
>  --> This may be an undesirable situation
> Leave /usr/lib/libkadm5srv.so.7 (specify -i to ask on this)
>

> which should i nuke.  the /usr/local/lib versions are built
> by portupgrade, so seem more 'current'.
>
> randy

Depends, which version of Heimdal did you plan on using, the version
from base or the one from ports?  From reading the lists I get leery
over having both installed at once.  You can remove all the Kerberos
stuff from base and set NO_KERBEROS in make.conf if you want to use the
heimdal port or remove the heimdal port if you want to use the version
in base.  In the first case you lose pam_krb5 from base.  In the second
case some ports want the heimdal port, for instance postgresql. (I have
patches to get pgsql working with heimdal from base if that's the reason
the heimdal port was installed.)

Tom

--
| tmclaugh at sdf.lonestar.org             tmclaugh at FreeBSD.org |