Suggested port: open source Xara Xtreme

eculp at encontacto.net eculp at encontacto.net
Tue Mar 28 10:58:25 UTC 2006

Quoting Vasil Dimov <vd at FreeBSD.org>:

> On Mon, Mar 27, 2006 at 05:08:32AM -0600, eculp at encontacto.net wrote:
>> Quoting Vasil Dimov <vd at FreeBSD.org>:

>> >I have updated the port to 0.3r715

>> >This problem is gone with 0.3r715. The prog now looks pretty cool.
>> >
>> It didn't seem to like my version of wxWidgets.  I've attached my
>> config.log and because of that I didn't send it to the lisk.
>>
>> checking Compiler... gcc >= 3.4.0, PreCompiled headers enabled
>> checking wxWidgets version... 2.6.2
>> configure: error: wxWidgets 2.6.3 or newer is required (2.6.3-rc2 will do)
>> ===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
> You should upgrade your wxWidgets to 2.6.3.r2
> Look above in this thread for the url of the patch you can use to do so.

Hi Vasil,

I finally had time to apply the patches and compile all and it seems to
work as is and shows great potential.  I really look forward to the
upcoming versions.

Might want to send folks here first:

http://people.freebsd.org/~vd/xaralx/

to be sure they don't miss the patches for wxgtk26, like I did.

Thanks again for the port, patches and the push in the right direction.
  It is really apreciated.

Have a great day,

ed