How long does it take for a new port?

Ion-Mihai Tetcu itetcu at people.tecnik93.com
Mon Mar 27 10:47:29 UTC 2006

On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 14:21:35 +0700
"Thawatchai Piyawat" <thawatchai at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I submitted a new port (libthai) using send-pr last night. However, I
> haven't received any email responses so far. I guess that the send-pr
> system has a system that automatically respond to a submitted email,
> doesn't it?

Yes, you should have received an email like:
From: FreeBSD-gnats-submit at FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: ports/xxxxx: Synopsis_field_of_your_PR_here.

> It makes me wonder if my submission gets through. How long does it
> generally take for a new port submission to get an (automated)
> response? Just curious.

A few minutes, depending on the load on the server. Please search for
your submission vie the web interface before sending it again:
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr-summary.cgi?query

--
IOnut - Unregistered ;) FreeBSD "user"

If some day we are defeated, well, war has its fortunes, good and bad.
		-- Commander Kor, "Errand of Mercy", stardate 3201.7