how to install php4 session support on 4.11

Thierry Thomas thierry at FreeBSD.org
Sat Mar 25 08:10:04 UTC 2006

Le Sam 25 mar 06 à  1:25:39 +0100, doug <doug at fledge.watson.org>
 écrivait :
> I have installed from ports: apache-1.3.34_4, php4-4.4.2_1,
> php4-mysql-4.4.2_1, php4-pcre-4.4.2_1, php4-xml-4.4.2_1, pear-1.4.6,
> pear-Auth-1.2.4.
>
> Taking the default configuration for all the above. This seems to install
> php without session support. Should I backup and build all this into php4
> and not use the modular ports?

No, don't deinstall anything: just install the port www/php4-session
(i.e. php4-session-4.4.2_1).

> Also I was looking for php4-pear which seems to exist in 6.x but is not
> listed on the website nor is it in my ports tree.
>
> My goal is to supoort web applications with support for pear-auth.

Install directly the port security/pear-Auth (or package
pear-Auth-1.2.4), it would install its required dependencies (but it
seems that you have already everything).

Regards,
--
Th. Thomas.