New ports distfiles checker

Shaun Amott shaun at inerd.com
Sun Mar 19 01:57:01 UTC 2006

On Sun, Mar 19, 2006 at 03:14:40AM +0300, Dmitry Marakasov wrote:
> I wonder what's the current status of New Port Distfiles Checker
> (http://edwin.adsl.barnet.com.au/~edwin/ports/). It was really
> useful in reporting new versions of software, ports of which I
> maintain, but the last update was more than 2 months ago.
> As I see, the software used there is in the ports collection, so
> maybe there is another New Ports Distfiles Checker with regular
> updates running somewhere else?

Hmm. I didn't know about that checker.

I have a script I use to check for updates for my ports. It uses a
(slightly) more sophisticated method for version checks. I plan to
release the script in a few days (time permitting), once I've made it
generic enough for general use.

If there's enough interest, I would be happy to run it as a service
instead.

--
Shaun Amott [ PGP: 0x6B387A9A ]
    Scientia Est Potentia.