sabnzbd port missing

Mark Kane mark at mkproductions.org
Sat Mar 18 08:50:42 UTC 2006

_-_ Daniel _-_ wrote:

>> Daniel wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I've noticed there is no port for sabnzbd
>>> (http://sourceforge.net/projects/sabnzbd/).
>>>
>>> What's involved in becoming a port maintainer? I would like to see a
>>> port for this, but if
>>> no one else is willing to do it, I can possibly do it. Please let me
>>> know how to go about this, and what
>>> the requirements are.
>>>
>>> -d
>>
>> I'd say the easiest way is to read through the Porter's Handbook. It's
>> a very detailed guide on how to port applications to FreeBSD.
>>
>> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/porters-handbook/
>>
>> If it was me, I'd read through that and port it myself. You will learn
>> how to do it and also feel good for contributing to FreeBSD. :)
>>
>> -Mark
>

> I've created two ports. py-utils (WWW:
> http://www.voidspace.org.uk/python/pythonutils.html)
> and SABnzbd (WWW: http://sourceforge.net/projects/sabnzbd)
>
> what's the procedure at this point to get them submitted? (I couldn't
> find anything in the handbook which talked about that)
>
> -d

How to submit the port is documented in section 3.6 of:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/porters-handbook/

Be sure to test them several times before submitting though by following
the steps in section 3.4.

-Mark

--
GnuPG Public Key:
http://www.mkproductions.org/mk_pubkey.asc

Internet Radio:
Party107 (Trance/Electronic) - http://www.party107.com
Rock 101.9 The Edge (Rock) - http://www.rock1019.net

IRC:
MIXXnet IRC Network - irc.mixxnet.net (Nick: MIXX941)