Problems with mysql

Derrick Edwards dantavious at comcast.net
Thu Mar 16 21:17:26 UTC 2006

Derrick Edwards wrote:
>       Hi,
> I updated my MySQL installation today (mysql-client-5.1.6_1
> mysql-server-5.1.6_2), once the update complete I restarted mysqld. Once
that
> was done it seems that MySQL does not see databases. I checked
> in /var/db/mysql and all the folders for the databases are there and the
> permissions are fine. I have updated before and never ran into this problem.
>
> mysql> show databases;
> +--------------------+
> | Database           |
> +--------------------+
> | information_schema |
> | test               |
> +--------------------+
> 2 rows in set (0.00 sec)

<This only shows you the databases you actually have access to as the
<user you logged in as.
<In other words, you didn't log in using root but some other
<less-privileged account.
<Some days it's just not worth chewing through the restraints...
<Mark D. Foster, CISSP <mark at foster.cc>  http://mark.foster.cc/

	Actually,
That was the root account.

mysql -u root
Your MySQL connection id is 445 to server version: 5.1.6-alpha

mysql> show databases;
| Database           |
| information_schema |
| test               |