make index failing on chinese/acroread5-chsfont

Jeremy Chadwick freebsd at jdc.parodius.com
Fri Mar 10 02:20:34 UTC 2006

On Thu, Mar 09, 2006 at 08:39:52PM -0500, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> It was removed 3 weeks ago, so the only way cvsup will not delete it
> is if you either direct it not to delete files, or if you initially
> installed your ports tree from some other non-cvsup method (e.g. from
> sysinstall), and then neglected to 'adopt' it the first time you ran
> cvsup (per the faq on polstra.com).

The 2nd scenario (re: "negleted to 'adopt' ...") must be what's going
on here, since I use the standard supfiles in /usr/share/examples/cvsup,
which contain the `delete` directive.

I always install ports from CD/DVD, then immediately cvsup afterwards.
I have never known about this "requirement" until now.

The handbook should really mention this.  Gut feeling says Mr. Symonds
and I are not the only two who have been doing it this way...

| Making life hard for others since 1977.                             |