make index failing on chinese/acroread5-chsfont

Ion-Mihai Tetcu itetcu at people.tecnik93.com
Fri Mar 10 01:01:38 UTC 2006

On Fri, 10 Mar 2006 11:52:29 +1100
"Dave Symonds" <dsymonds at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have a cvsupped ports tree (ports-all tag=. and nothing refused)
> that is giving me troubles:
>
> root at voltron# make index
> Generating INDEX-6 - please wait.."Makefile", line 16: Could not find
> /usr/ports/chinese/acroread5-chsfont/../../print/acroread5-commfont/Makefile
> make: fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue
> ===> chinese/acroread5-chsfont failed
> *** Error code 1
>
> The chinese/acroread5-chsfont seems to be a slave port of
> print/acroread5-commfont, which does not exist from what I can tell. I
> don't need or use acroread of any variety (5, 6 or 7), nor do I need
> chinese fonts. This, however, is a ports tree that is shared between
> several machines, so I don't want to use refuses. I was hoping to
> generate INDEX-6 on this machine after a cvsup, but it seems to be
> breaking at this point.
>
> Any ideas?

root at it> /usr/ports/mail/nail [2:59:34] 0
 # ll /usr/ports/chinese/ | grep acro
drwxr-xr-x  2 root  wheel   512 Feb 23 07:33 acroread-zh_CN
drwxr-xr-x  2 root  wheel   512 Feb 23 07:33 acroread-zh_TW

remove that directory and ask yourself what did you do to have it there.

Perhaps rm -r /usr/ports/* and cvsup again

--
IOnut - Unregistered ;) FreeBSD "user"

BOFH excuse #342:
HTTPD Error 4004 : very old Intel cpu - insufficient processing power