[kde-freebsd] sysutils/kdeadmin3: kpackage using wrong INDEX file

Michael Nottebrock lofi at freebsd.org
Wed Mar 8 20:49:28 UTC 2006

Scot Hetzel schrieb:
> I found a problem with kpackage in that it fails to use the
> INDEX-{4,6,7} file on FreeBSD {4,6,7}.  The problem is that kpackage
> only looks for INDEX or INDEX-5.
>
> I have submitted PR 94231 on this problem:
>
>     http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=94231
>
> When I submitted the PR, I forgot to set the PR to the 'ports' category.
>
> Is it too late to get this fix in for the 6.x packages?

I'm curious - how and for what are you using kpackage at all? The BSD
package management functions are rudimentary at best, and I've debated
completely disabling it in the kdeadmin port multiple times.

Also, it's possible now to move ${INDEXFILE} out of ${PORTSDIR}
completely, which would require even more upstream maintenance to make
kpackage properly cope.

FWIW, It's probably not too late to get the fix committed, I'll run it
past portmgr at .

Cheers,
   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi at freebsd.org