amd64 and -fPIC

pfgshield-freebsd at yahoo.com pfgshield-freebsd at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 8 03:30:26 UTC 2006

Thanks for the explanation Marcel !

Hmm...I'm actually glad that i386 with threads now has this problem too ;).

--- Kris Kennaway <kris at obsecurity.org> ha scritto:

> >     Ok, is there a compromise? Someone mentioned installing both PDC and
> >     PIC versions under different names.
>
> Yes, that would be fine (libfoo.a and libfoo_pic.a are the usual
> conventions).

I am actually a LOT lazier...in fact this would make a mess building calculix
and tochnog (with the shared version of ATLAS). I want to be able to build with
pic or without pic. Something like this in bsd.port.mk

.ifdef WITH_PIC
CFLAGS += -fPIC
FFLAGS += -fPIC
.endif

So I just add WITH_PIC=yes to the ports that need it.

cheers,

    Pedro.

Yahoo! Messenger with Voice: chiama da PC a telefono a tariffe esclusive
http://it.messenger.yahoo.com