bash 3.1.10 breaks configure scripts (was Re: configure scripts ignores parameters)

Jeremy Chadwick freebsd at jdc.parodius.com
Mon Mar 6 05:04:59 PST 2006

On Sat, Mar 04, 2006 at 11:01:52PM -0500, Mike Jakubik wrote:
> Kris Kennaway wrote:
> >On Sat, Mar 04, 2006 at 07:33:00PM -0500, Mike Jakubik wrote:
> >
> >>Shouldn't the port be marked broken or reverted to a working copy in
> >>that case?
> >>

> >The preference is to fix it, of course, but if that can't happen in
> >the next day or two we'll do one or the other for the releases.
> >
> >Kris
>
> Agreed. I've emailed bug-bash at gnu.org about this.

While we're on the subject of bash 3.x port breakage: the bash author
has released patchlevel 11 which fixes double-quotes strings that
contain variables surrounded by apostrophes (i.e. "'$foobar'").  It
would be good to see this added as well...

Problem:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-bash/2006-01/msg00033.html

Patch:
http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/bash/bash-3.1-patches/bash31-011
http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/bash/bash-3.1-patches/bash31-011.sig

| Making life hard for others since 1977.                             |