FreeBSD Port: mpack-1.6

Paul Schmehl pauls at utdallas.edu
Wed Mar 1 11:10:52 PST 2006

--On Wednesday, March 01, 2006 22:02:37 +0300 Boris Samorodov <bsam at ipt.ru>
wrote:

>> I've looked through the source code, but I'm not sure where the
>> problem is. I only see one call to open the file.
>
> No. Lookup before mpack reads Makefile.

I see that, but I only see one call to open the file in the source.   I'll
have to check to see what's calling that function.  Thanks.

> Can't say for sure why that patch exists, but deletting
> files/patch-unixpk_c should help. Cvs says "Yet another overflow
> check, better temp file name & misc cleanups". Assume this comment is
> for the whole commit.

I've already incorporated that patch in to the other one and deleted it,
but that doesn't fix this bug.

Paul Schmehl (pauls at utdallas.edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
University of Texas at Dallas