PHP 5.1.4 w/ mysqli dumps core

Rob Szarka szlists at szarka.org
Fri Jun 30 01:30:43 UTC 2006

I'm seeing something similar to what was reported in this earlier post:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ports/2006-June/032895.html

The CLI version of PHP dumps core when run with the mysqli extension
enabled. Similarly, Apache crashes when being restarted with PHP and
the mysqli extension (not loading the PHP modile or not enabling
mysqli fixes the problem). Haven't tested the CGI version.

Here are the relevant versions in my installation:

PHP 5.1.4
php5-mysqli-5.1.4
FreeBSD 6.0-RELEASE #0
Apache 2.2

Is this a known issue? (And, if so, is there a known fix?) I'm pretty
new to using the ports collection (vs. doing the tarball thing), so
I'm not sure if there's some place in particular I should be looking
for and/or making a bug report on this issue, outside of the more
general PHP bug database.