SOLVED: error while loading shared libraries: /usr/X11R6/lib/libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0: ELF file OS ABI invalid

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Wed Jun 21 05:39:16 UTC 2006

On Wed, 21 Jun 2006 00:29:05 -0500, David J Brooks <daeg at houston.rr.com>
wrote:

> On Sunday 18 June 2006 10:15, David J Brooks wrote:
>> On Sunday 18 June 2006 09:59, David J Brooks wrote:
>> > I recently moved from linux_base-8 to linux_base-fc4 and now I am
>> getting
>> > the following error whenever I try to run Acroread7:
>> >
>> > error while loading shared libraries:
>> /usr/X11R6/lib/libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0:
>> > ELF file OS ABI invalid
>> >
>> > ... clearly I need to load the linux version of libgtk, but which
>> port is
>> > it in?
>>
>> Perhaps more to the point, why is acroread trying to
>> load  /usr/X11R6/lib/libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0 instead
>> of /usr/compat/linux/usr/lib/libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0 ?
>>
>> FWIW, both versions of libgtk-x11 are installed.
>
> With much assistance from Boris, I found the problem in my .login file:
>
> setenv QTDIR /usr/X11R6
> setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH $QTDIR/lib
>
> Commenting out the LD_LIBRARY_PATH line solved the problem, and as it
> happens,
> QT didn't need it anyway. Why it didn't cause problems under linux_base-8
> remains a mystery to me.

Almost same happen w/ linux-opera. When I upgraded linux_base-8 to
linux_base-fc-3 (now is using fc-4), linux-opera has started to throw two
errors but seem harmless to me as I don't have any Java in my system.

% linux-opera
ERROR: ld.so: object 'libjvm.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded:
ignored.
ERROR: ld.so: object 'libawt.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded:
ignored.

Cheers,
Mezz

> David

FreeBSD GNOME Team  -  FreeBSD Multimedia Hat (ports, not src)
http://wiki.freebsd.org/multimedia  -  multimedia at FreeBSD.org