keeping up with "gnu-libtool -> libtool15"

Csaba Henk csaba-ml at creo.hu
Tue Jun 20 08:10:37 UTC 2006

On Tue, Jun 20, 2006 at 09:16:30AM +0200, Alexander Leidinger wrote:
> Quoting Csaba Henk <csaba-ml at creo.hu> (from Tue, 20 Jun 2006 06:25:37
> +0000 (UTC)):
>
> >  Running libtoolize...
> >  Running autoreconf...
> >  configure.in:8: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_PROG_LIBTOOL
> >        If this token and others are legitimate, please use
> >        m4_pattern_allow.
> >        See the Autoconf documentation.
> >  autoreconf: /usr/local/gnu-autotools/bin/autoconf failed with exit
> > status: 1
> >
> >How to get around this transparently?
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/98435

My case is different from that in two respects.

One is that I meet with this issue when using vanilla GNU autotools,
while you speak about the FreeBSDized versions. That's not that a big
deal, the proposed workaround is easy to adopt:

  echo /usr/local/share/aclocal > \
    /usr/local/gnu-autotools/share/aclocal-1.9/dirlist

(in fact, I did this before starting this thread).

The second -- which finally defeats me -- is that you report
an aclocal failure, while I see the error with autoconf.

The dirlist thingy is aclocal specific, and doesn't seem to
improve the situation with autoconf.

Regards,
Csaba