adesklets with gnome/nautilus

Roman Bogorodskiy novel at freebsd.org
Sat Jun 17 04:53:52 UTC 2006

  Doug wrote:

> Is there any way to run adesklets with gnome/nautilus
> ?
>
> When I try something like below it doesnt work
> with freebsd, linux seens ok.
> So the port is broken ?

It looks like there's a problem with adesklets_frontend.sh script. The
error seems to appear on the line 290 of this script and I think that
happens because our sed(1) is not 100% compatible with GNU sed. I'll try
to come up with a solution when I have some more free time (in the next
few days hopefully).

Or you can try installing textproc/gsed and replacing 'sed' with 'gsed'
in the script.

>  ~/.desklets/weather-0.0.4]$ ./weather.py --nautilus
> Do you want to (r)egister this desklet or to (t)est
> it? t
> Now testing...
> If you do not see anything (or just an initial flicker
> in the top left corner of your screen), try `--help',
> and see the FAQ: `info adesklets'.
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "./weather.py", line 52, in ?
>     import adesklets
>   File
> "usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/adesklets/__init__.py",
> line 43, in ?
> adesklets.error_handler.ADESKLETSError: adesklets
> interpreter initialization error - sed: 1:
> "/^NAUTILUS_DESKTOP_WIND ...": extra characters at the
> end of p command
>
> Exception exceptions.AttributeError:
> <exceptions.AttributeError instance at 0x815928c> in
> <bound method _Communicator.__del__ of
> <adesklets.communicator._Communicator instance at
> 0x82c3a8c>> ignored

Roman Bogorodskiy