NOT installing the .la files

Erwin Lansing erwin at FreeBSD.org
Fri Jun 16 16:28:01 UTC 2006

On Fri, Jun 16, 2006 at 11:15:53AM -0500, Mark Linimon wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 16, 2006 at 05:48:18PM +0200, Matthias Andree wrote:
> > How do we go about changing ports? Do .la-only changes need the
> > PORTREVISION bumped because the pkg-plist necessarily changed?
>
> Yes, because it will affect the packages.
>
> > Should we (I'm wearing my porter's hat now), submit .la-only changes?
>
> My own view is that we should change them only if we're already making
> some other change in the port, so slowly they'll all be changed (or, of
> course, there is already a plist error).  I haven't polled the other
> portmgrs.
>
> And new ports should have them.

For ports that are working right now, I don't see the big hurry to get
these changes in. So we should stop adding more hacks to remove the .la
files and slowly (re)add them with the normal updates.

Cheers,
-erwin

--
Erwin Lansing                                     http://droso.org
Security is like an onion.          (o_ _o)
And it makes you cry.            <____) (____>    erwin at aauug.dk