New version of portmaster available for testing

Hans Lambermont hans at lambermont.dyndns.org
Fri Jun 16 14:30:47 UTC 2006

Doug Barton wrote:

> New features:
> =============
> 1. Add -b option to make a backup package of the installed port
> 2. Add -g option to make a package of the new port

excellent :)

> 3. Add -o option to replace an installed port with a new port from a
> different location (e.g., portmaster -o emulators/linux_base-fc4
> linux_base) The second argument can also be specified as the name of
> the installed port (e.g., linux_base-8-8.0_15)

nice, a hard-needed feature. Can you have multiple -o options in
combination with -a ?

Just ran a quick test and have 2 points :

1)
portmaster -b -n -a
===>>> The devel/gnu-libtool port has been deleted: Has expired: devel/libtool15 is now stock and should be used instead
===>>> Aborting update

I think the -n should not abort.

(interesting to see gnu-libtool show up again, I've done the 'libtool
changes' so remove all ports and reinstall recently. I seem to have :
gnu-libtool-1.5.20 and libtool-1.5.22_2)

2)
Maybe it is nice to state to what version a port will upgrade ?
So instead of :
===>>> Launching child to update screen-4.0.2_3
something like :
===>>> Update screen-4.0.2_3 to 4.0.2_4

regards,
   Hans Lambermont