Google Earth for Linux works on FreeBSD

Thu Jun 15 09:49:15 UTC 2006

Quoting "Loren M. Lang" <lorenl at alzatex.com> (from Wed, 14 Jun 2006
15:30:27 -0700):

> OS ABI error tells me that it might be loading the freebsd libs for a
> linux app.  You must use entirely linux libraries for linux

Right.

> applications, symlinking to freebsd libs doesn't work.  Mainly you just
> need to make sure all the appropriate linux libraries are installed by
> making sure the right ports are installed.  The google-earth port should
> have done this for you, but it sounds like it might not have.  The
> linux_base-* ports install a basic linux install without X11, but
> linux-XFree86-libs installs the X11 libs needed.  I've found though that

Right.

> that wasn't enough in the past, I have to add /usr/X11R6/lib to the file
> /usr/compat/linux/etc/ld.so.conf and then run the command
> /usr/compat/linux/sbin/ldconfig for any linux apps to find the linux X11
> libs.

Only if you use an unsupported linux base port. Either use the default
one, or use the fc4 one (it will become the new default one RSN) and
everything should work out of the box.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
Selling GoodYear Eagle F1 235/40ZR18, 2x 4mm + 2x 5mm, ~150 EUR
you have to pick it up between Germany/Saarland and Luxembourg/Capellen