x11/nvidia-driver and opengl

Jona Joachim jona.joachim at gmail.com
Wed Jun 14 17:10:14 UTC 2006

VANHULLEBUS Yvan wrote:
> On the second, on a Geforce2MX, on which I had 3 reboots yesterday
> while logged in (and while xscreensaver was running), where I had no
> problems before (when I was still using nv driver), and which doesn't
> hang when I access it remotely.

Was it an OpenGL screensaver?

> I noticed things quite similar: a 3D / GL application runs nice, then
> the system hangs. I can't tell you if the problem occurs when the 3D
> application stops, and in fact, I first suspected an overheat of the
> NVidia card.

It's not a problem of overheating here, I can reproduce it at any time,
even if the box is cold (even glxinfo does the job). I'll try with some
live cd to see if it is hardware related, however I don't think so.
I think the problem occurs when the GLX extension gets unloaded or
something similar.

Jona