NOT installing the .la files

Wed Jun 14 11:31:47 UTC 2006

Quoting Matthias Andree <matthias.andree at gmx.de> (from Wed, 14 Jun
2006 12:33:29 +0200):

> Hmmm... still no consensus. So I'll just leave my ports alone until
> consensus is reached. I've never understood what was so terribly wrong
> about .la files anyways. Unneeded perhaps but as long as they don't
> break anything, why bother.

The current libtool port does install .la files. There's no work in
progress to change this. If nobody sends patches to the upstream
maintainers, there will never be a libtool version which completely
works without .la files. So the right thing to do ATM is to *not*
remove .la files in ports. There may be software which dosn't work
without them.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
Selling GoodYear Eagle F1 235/40ZR18, 2x 4mm + 2x 5mm, ~150 EUR
you have to pick it up between Germany/Saarland and Luxembourg/Capellen