Is 7.0.8 viable for print/acroread7?

Wed Jun 14 07:35:45 UTC 2006

Quoting "Eric P. Scott" <eps+pqry0606 at ana.com> (from Tue, 13 Jun 2006
15:45:12 -0700 (PDT)):

>> Not being able to print was the major problem.
>
> If you go to Adobe's web site, they're now offering a choice of
> 7.0.1 -or- 7.0.8.  Apparently, 7.0.5 has been withdrawn.
>
> http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2_allversions_nojs2.html?option=full&platform=LINUX_.tar.gz&language=English
>
> Is it possible to print using the 7.0.8 tarball?  Do we believe

Maintainer CCed.

> the printing problem was caused by a defect in acroread 7.0.5, or
> something in linux_base?

I don't know for sure. The problem was that acroread switched to use
libcups, and when trying to dlopen() it, it fails. I haven't
investigated this, so it may be a problem the way acroread installs
the lib, or because of missing dependencies in the linux_base (we will
get a new default linux_base "soon", we're running experimental builds
on the ports cluster currently), or because of something else.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
Selling GoodYear Eagle F1 235/40ZR18, 2x 4mm + 2x 5mm, ~150 EUR
you have to pick it up between Germany/Saarland and Luxembourg/Capellen