x11/nvidia-driver and opengl

Jona Joachim jaj13 at web.de
Tue Jun 13 20:43:26 UTC 2006

Hi!
I have quite an annoying problem with x11/nvidia-driver-1.0.8762 in
combination with OpenGL.
In fact, as soon as an application uses OpenGL, it works fine, is
accelerated just like before but as soon as I close the application the
computer freezes and reboots spontaneously some seconds later. I tried
rebuilding Xorg and the driver several times (the driver after Xorg
because the driver overwrites some libraries installed by Xorg) but it
didn't help. I didn't have this problem with previous versions of the
nvidia driver. You must know that while I was upgrading I had a power
failure and the pkg database got corrupt. However pkgdb is fine again
and the driver builds fine.
Does anybody have a clue?

my graphics card is an NVIDIA GeForce 5200 FX

/home/default> uname -a
FreeBSD nirvana.lan.net 6.1-STABLE FreeBSD 6.1-STABLE #0: Mon May 15
17:27:21 CEST 2006
default at nirvana.lan.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/HYPOCENTER  i386

Best regards,
Jona