file://localhost/usr/ports/www/firefox/README.html

Shaun Amott shaun at inerd.com
Tue Jun 13 00:03:46 UTC 2006

On Mon, Jun 12, 2006 at 05:34:55PM -0600, crs at swcp.com wrote:

> I don't know why they don't work; only that if I try to navigate
> the options using the arrow keys, the escape sequence provided by
> the key is echoed on the screen and nothing happens.  That, of
> course, make it impossible even to get to the "Cancel" pseudo-
> button.

Well, I don't have a solution for you -- maybe you have some strange
shell/terminal settings causing the breakage -- but here are some
workarounds:

1) Use 'make -DBATCH' to skip the options dialog and use the defaults.
   You could define WITH_XXX or WITHOUT_XXX to manually change them.
   This will cause interactive ports to be skipped too.

2) If you are using X: install x11/xdialog, and use 'make
   DIALOG=/usr/X11R6/bin/Xdialog' (or define DIALOG in /etc/make.conf)
   This will give you a GTK-based dialog instead of a console ncurses
   one.

-Shaun

--
Shaun Amott [ PGP: 0x6B387A9A ]