Tor hidden services in MASTER_SITES

Fabian Keil freebsd-listen at fabiankeil.de
Mon Jun 12 15:47:34 UTC 2006

Tarc <tarc at tarc.po.cs.msu.su> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 12, 2006 at 02:51:18PM +0200, Fabian Keil wrote:
> > I didn't get any answers on ports@ therefore
> > I'm trying again here. I created ports for trans-proxy-tor
> > and dns-proxy-tor, the results so far are:
> > http://www.fabiankeil.de/sourcecode/freebsd/trans-proxy-tor-0.0.9.shar
> > and:
> > http://www.fabiankeil.de/sourcecode/freebsd/dns-proxy-tor-0.0.9.shar
> >
> > The official master site is http://p56soo2ibjkx23xo.onion/
> > which is only accessible through Tor.
> >
> > I mirrored the tar ball at my own website and added it as
> > a fallback. If the user has configured the ports collection
> > to fetch through Tor, the official website is
> > used, otherwise http://p56soo2ibjkx23xo.onion/ will not
> > resolve and the mirror site is used instead.
> >
> > Can I stick with this solution or will it cause any
> > problems on the build cluster?

> Why doesn't have the http://tor.eff.org/ as WWW site in pkg-descr?

The Handbook says:

|If the ported software has an official WWW homepage,
|you should list it here. Prefix one of the websites with
|WWW: so that automated tools will work correctly.

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/porting-desc.html#AEN83

I have the impression that WWW should be used only
once (although you could interpret the sentence as
"at least once" as well), and is reserved for the
official homepage of the software that the port provides.

My ports depend on Tor, but they don't provide it.

As far as I can see, tor.eff.org doesn't have
any information regarding trans-proxy-tor
or dns-proxy-tor, therefore I don't see why
it should get the WWW tag.

Fabian
--
http://www.fabiankeil.de/