NOT installing the .la files

Mikhail Teterin mi+kde at aldan.algebra.com
Mon Jun 12 01:51:38 UTC 2006

On Sunday 11 June 2006 21:21, Mark Linimon wrote:
= Unavoidable, for KDE; and thus, not worth spending all the time modifying
= ports to either install them or not.  This makes maintainance a lot easier.

Well, they are all installed by the same ${LOCALBASE}/bin/libtool

	/bin/sh /opt/bin/libtool  --mode=install /usr/bin/install -c \
		libmimetic.la /opt/lib/libmimetic.la

The script is installed by its port, which could patch it to ignore the .la
files altogether -- keeping the maintaince of the rest of the ports just as
simple and the filesystem slightly cleaner

There are 321 .la files on my system, for example. Do I need this junk?

	-mi