www/awstats - roll back to 6.5. Why?

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Sun Jun 11 14:51:16 UTC 2006

Doug Barton <dougb at freebsd.org> writes:

> Matthias Andree wrote:
>
>> The PORTEPOCH hadn't propagated when I'd run "portsnap fetch update" and
>> checked a minute before I posted my reminder.
>
> If you're going to be issuing reminders about things, you should check
> cvsweb first.

Well, it was more of a regular reminder anyways. The acutal issue was
rectified anyways.  However, I wonder if the CVS master repo should run
a precommit check that versions aren't going backwards (it can do that).

It sure won't be foolproof, and it needn't, but it will catch the common
cases, and this thread showed that in fact people (end users) picked up
an upgrade where the version went backwards again.

--
Matthias Andree