Can't resolve dependency conflict

Mark Ovens marko at freebsd.org
Fri Jun 9 16:40:36 UTC 2006

I'm trying to update all my ports using ``portmanager -u -l'' but
there's a conflict that I can't resolve.

/multimedia/mplex and /multimedia/mjpegtools are the culprits.

I have installed ports that depend on one or the other therefore I can't
install all the ports I want/need (portmanager has uninstalled some of
them that were previously installed).

Also, I had news/pan installed; portmanager has uninstalled that due to
a conflict between devel/pcre and devel/pcre-utf8 - pan requires
pcre-utf but pcre is already installed as a dependency of another port.

I know I could install the ports manually but the object of the exercise
is to get everything up to date and let portmanager do what it's
designed for and manage my ports - this is the first time I've used
portmanager and have nearly 400 ports installed.

Any advice on how to resolve this?

TIA

Regards,

Mark