portupgrade ideas page

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Thu Jun 8 09:39:09 PDT 2006

On Thu, 08 Jun 2006 07:27:47 -0500, Sergey Matveychuk <sem at FreeBSD.org>
wrote:

> Kirill Ponomarew wrote:
>> On Wed, Jun 07, 2006 at 11:55:31AM -0500, Jeremy Messenger wrote:
>>> The portupgrade always work without INDEX. My INDEX is empty and I
>>> never
>>> need it.
>>>
>>> # ls -l /usr/ports/INDEX.dummy
>>> -rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  0 May 20  2003 /usr/ports/INDEX.dummy
>>>
>>> # make -V PORTS_INDEX
>>> /usr/ports/INDEX.dummy
>>>
>>> The portupgrade's pkgversion will not work without INDEX, but I prefer
>>> use pkg_version instead.
>>
>> Seconded.  During all these years I needed INDEX only for a couple
>> of times.
>
> Looks like you don't use 'make search'? :-)

Correct. :-) I always like to use freshports.org to search ports. In
www/(linux-)opera already has PR and freshports.org in the search toolbar
by default. I am planning to add mailing list archive in toolbar in the
next release.

Cheers,
Mezz

FreeBSD GNOME Team