6.1R: Postgresql 8.1.3 and threadsafe.

Anish Mistry amistry at am-productions.biz
Thu Jun 8 00:01:58 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 07 June 2006 17:03, Sam Lawrance wrote:
> On 08/06/2006, at 4:12 AM, Anish Mistry wrote:

> >> Not to mention compiling the kernel with -O2 is unsupported, and
> >> generally considered a bad idea.
> >
> > Not true.  For kernel compiling -O2 has been supported since 6.0.
>
> I'm not aware of it.  Got a pointer to some documentation or list
> archives so I can read up?
From /usr/share/examples/etc/make.conf
# Note that optimization settings other than -O and -O2 are not
recommended
# or supported for compiling the world or the kernel - please revert
any
# nonstandard optimization settings to "-O" or -O2 before submitting
bug
# reports without patches to the developers.

--
Anish Mistry
amistry at am-productions.biz
AM Productions http://am-productions.biz/