portupgrade ideas page
hans at lambermont.dyndns.org
Wed Jun 7 14:03:46 UTC 2006
Sergey Matveychuk wrote:
> Portupgrade ideas page was created on our wiki server:
> I would like to hear your ideas, wishes and comments.
- improved robustness :
- understand ruby/portupgrade upgrade order. Maybe restart after one
of these was upgraded too ?
- warn about UPDATING entries for ports that upgrade 'over'
(time-wise) such an entry before upgrading starts, maybe even
default to requiring a 'do continue' user action.
- be able to handle gnome and glib upgrades, basically obsoleting
- similar for perl, maybe mention perl-after-upgrade ?
- save backout modules somewhere and add interface backout to a set of
these saved modules.
- speed :
- 'make config' default on all target ports before starting the first build.
- 'make fetch' option on all target ports before starting the first build.
- clarity :
- show a dependency graph of the entire upgrade order beforehand, also
listing the KNOBS (make.conf and pkgtools) and OPTIONS per port.
- list the ports afterwards that were newly installed during an upgrade.
- option to show all relevant pkg-message files at the end of the
More information about the freebsd-ports