portupgrade ideas page

Kris Kennaway kris at obsecurity.org
Tue Jun 6 14:16:28 PDT 2006

On Tue, Jun 06, 2006 at 11:48:05PM +0400, Sergey Matveychuk wrote:
> Portupgrade ideas page was created on our wiki server:
> http://wiki.freebsd.org/portupgrade
>
> I would like to hear your ideas, wishes and comments.

The biggest request I have is that when searching for a missing
dependency, there should be an option to install a new port.  Often
the dependency is not actually installed, so the "best match" guess
will pick some random other port that has nothing to do with it, and
users who just choose the default will end up with an incorrect pkgdb.

Kris