Question about port renaming (repocopy or not)

Kay Lehmann kay_lehmann at web.de
Mon Jun 5 09:21:57 PDT 2006

Hello,

just a little question: I am maintaining all those lineak-ports and have
some updates pending here. lineak has some plugins (default, kde and
xosd) which should be updated too. These ports have changed their names
(to be correct, their distfilenames have changed) and they are seperated
by an - instead of an _ . So I have some options/ideas how to handle
this and I would like to know which is the correct way before filling
the pr for these ports:

1. let the portnames as they are and just define different distfiles.
This would look like the following:
PORTNAME=	lineak_xosdplugin
DISTNAMES=	lineak-xosdplugin.tar.gz
I think this is the most ugly option I can use.

2. Rename ports just in Makefiles (set variable PORTNAME), but I don't
think it is really allowed to define PORTNAME other than the ports
subdir in the portstree, am I right?

3. repocopy the three ports, so subdir and PORTNAME are changed. Another
question for this one would be if I have to rename the subdir before
filling the pr or is it handled in cvs?

So which of these should I use, or is there another suggestion.
Thanks for answers and help.

Greets,
Kay