linux-flashplugin7 & firefox

Rene Ladan r.c.ladan at gmail.com
Mon Jul 31 15:01:57 UTC 2006

2006/7/31, Mike Jakubik <mikej at rogers.com>:
> Is there any way to get the flash plugin to work with firefox? I've
> installed it but its not recognizing it, no real information in the port
> or adobes website..

Yes, install Firefox and linuxpluginwrapper.  The latter depends on Flash7.

Because Firefox normally crashes with Flash7 due to an undefined
symbol, you'll have to patch your userland as described by
linuxpluginwrapper (can this be commited to current?, it runs fine on
6.1R).
Next you'll have to edit /etc/libmap.conf, for FreeBSD 6.x the
following suffices:

libpthread.so.0          libpthread.so.2
libdl.so.2                  pluginwrapper/flash7.so
libz.so.1                    libz.so.3
libm.so.6                  libm.so.4
libc.so.6                   pluginwrapper/flash7.so

Now Flash7 should be up and running (see the about:plugins page in Firefox)

Regards,
Rene
--
GPG fingerprint = E738 5471 D185 7013 0EE0  4FC8 3C1D 6F83 12E1 84F6
(subkeys.pgp.net)

"It won't fit on the line."
		-- me, 2001