portsdb -Uu broken on AMD64 system

Dino Vliet dino_vliet at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 21 20:34:16 UTC 2006

Hi folks,
how are you all doing? My AMD64 system running FreeBSD
6.1 gave me a very strange error when trying to update
my ports. I used the cvsup -g -L -2 command and
everything went smooth, but after I did the portsdb
-Uu command this is what I get:

portsdb -Uu
Updating the ports index ... Generating INDEX.tmp -
please wait..1 open conditional:
         at line 1477 (evaluated to true)
make: fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue
===> arabic/ae_fonts_mono failed
*** Error code 1
1 open conditional:
         at line 22 (evaluated to true)
make: fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue
===> accessibility/at-spi failed
*** Error code 1
2 errors

Before reporting this error, verify that you are
running a supported
version of FreeBSD (see http://www.FreeBSD.org/ports/)
and that you
have a complete and up-to-date ports collection.
(INDEX builds are
not supported with partial or out-of-date ports
collections -- in
particular, if you are using cvsup, you must cvsup the
"ports-all"
collection, and have no "refuse" files.)  If that is
the case, then
report the failure to ports at FreeBSD.org together with
relevant
details of your ports configuration (including FreeBSD
version,
your architecture, your environment, and your
/etc/make.conf
settings, especially compiler flags and WITH/WITHOUT
settings).

Note: the latest pre-generated version of INDEX may be
fetched
automatically with "make fetchindex".

*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports.
failed to generate INDEX!
portsdb: index generation error

I already tried the make fetchindex but that gives the
same error.

My make.conf looks like:

# added by use.perl 2006-02-28 15:03:26
PERL_VER=5.8.8
PERL_VERSION=5.8.8

The last time I had troubles is when I tried to
compile the port scilab and it complained about my tk
installation. I left it like that.

Hope somebody can help. Here's my uname -a :
FreeBSD zouk.tiscali.nl 6.1-RELEASE-p2 FreeBSD
6.1-RELEASE-p2 #6: Mon Jun 26 21:04:39 CEST 2006
django at zouk.tiscali.nl:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/MYKERNEL
amd64