Core Dump with Apache22

Jeremy Chadwick freebsd at jdc.parodius.com
Wed Jul 19 01:47:32 UTC 2006

On Tue, Jul 18, 2006 at 09:47:03PM -0400, Derrick Edwards wrote:
> 	Hi,
> I am using FreeBSD 6.1-RC with apache-2.2.2 which is a VMware machine. Machine
> was rebooted and now it is giving the following error message
> in /var/log/messages:
>
> Jul 18 21:30:54 www kernel: pid 625 (httpd), uid 0: exited on signal 10 (core
> dumped)
>
>  I have tested my config and it is Ok. Not seeing any answers with google. Can
> anybody help. Thanks in advance.

We've been dealing with a related problem which happens exactly
every 7 days when newsyslog sends SIGUSR1 to httpd (newsyslog runs
every 24 hours and does this -- but every 7 days, sig10 happens).
This only seems to happen with SSL enabled, however.  Box is 4-STABLE
though, not 6-RC.

That said -- since you have a coredump, can you provide a backtrace?

gdb /usr/local/sbin/httpd /location/of/core/file
gdb> bt full

| Making life hard for others since 1977.               PGP: 4BD6C0CB |