Ports that generate version numbers dynamically

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Sun Jul 16 09:54:26 UTC 2006

Dear list,

One of the targets I have for the next release of my FreeBSD::Portindex
package is to handle certain exceptional ports where the port version
generated programatically: ie. without any modification to files from the
port, or from any related master port. At the moment I know of precisely
two such:

    net-p2p/py-kenosis-bittorrent     (derives version from net-p2p/py-kenosis)
    security/vulnerability-test-port  (uses date(1))

Does anyone know of any other similar examples I should be dealing with
in the same fashion?

Regular master/slave relationships between ports are already handled -- so
if say, files under databases/mysql50-server are modified, then the INDEX
entry for databases/mysql50-client port will also need to updated.  No need
to tell me about any of those sort of ports.

	Cheers

	Matthew

                                                      Flat 3
                                                      Kent, CT11 9PW