Problems creating port, pkg_info?

mal content artifact.one at googlemail.com
Fri Jul 14 15:47:47 UTC 2006

I'm working on porting libdssialsacompat to FreeBSD so that
the dssi plugin distribution might compile (this should open up
the possibility of quite a lot more audio software being ported
to FreeBSD) but I'm having trouble. I've never created a port
before, so bare with me...

--Makefile--
# New ports collection makefile for: libdssialsacompat
# Date created: 14 July 2006
# Whom:
#
# $FreeBSD$
#

PORTNAME=  libdssialsacompat
PORTVERSION=  1.0.8a
CATEGORIES=  audio
MASTER_SITES=  http://home.jps.net/~musound/

MAINTAINER=
COMMENT= Alsa compatibility library to build DSSI

.include <bsd.port.mk>
--

(Whom and MAINTAINER left blank for now as I'm not sure what'll go
here yet).

--pkg-plist--
@dirrm include/dssi
@dirrm include/dssi/alsa
include/dssi/alsa/asoundef.h
include/dssi/alsa/asoundlib.h
include/dssi/alsa/seq.h
include/dssi/alsa/seq_event.h
include/dssi/alsa/seq_midi_event.h
include/dssi/alsa/sound/asequencer.h
lib/libdssialsacompat.so.0
lib/libdssialsacompat.so.0
lib/libdssialsacompat.a
lib/libdssialsacompat.so
lib/libdssialsacompat.la
--

--pkg-desc--
libdssialsacompat is simply an extraction from and repackaging of

  http://home.jps.net/~musound/

More information on DSSI can be found at:

  http://dssi.sourceforge.net/
--

I've set up a directory to put the port together in and:

$ export DISTDIR="/home/mc/src/libdssialsacompat_port/tempdist"

Now:

$ make makesum
$ make
===>  Extracting for libdssialsacompat-1.0.8a
=> MD5 Checksum OK for libdssialsacompat-1.0.8a.tar.gz.
=> SHA256 Checksum OK for libdssialsacompat-1.0.8a.tar.gz.
===>   libdssialsacompat-1.0.8a depends on file:
/usr/local/sbin/pkg_info - not found
===>    Verifying install for /usr/local/sbin/pkg_info in
/usr/ports/sysutils/pkg_install
===>  Extracting for pkg_install-20060113
=> MD5 Checksum OK for pkg_install-20060113.tar.gz.
=> SHA256 Checksum OK for pkg_install-20060113.tar.gz.
mkdir: /usr/ports/sysutils/pkg_install/work: Permission denied
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/sysutils/pkg_install.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/home/markzero/src/libdssialsacompat_port.

On my system, pkg_info is in /usr/sbin. Why is the ports system looking
in /usr/local/sbin? Of course, this results in a permission error as I'm
working as a regular user.

MC