graphics/linux-dri on 4.11

Bill Milford freebsd at milfordmail.com
Fri Jul 7 16:45:30 UTC 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Matt Sealey" <matt at genesi-usa.com>
To: "'Bill Milford'" <freebsd at milfordmail.com>; <ports at freebsd.org>
Sent: Friday, July 07, 2006 9:48 AM
Subject: RE: graphics/linux-dri on 4.11

> Odd! The tar in FreeBSD 4.9 (tar (GNU tar) 1.13.25) supports .bz2 files.
>
> Archive format selection:
>  -V, --label=NAME                   create archive with volume name NAME
>              PATTERN                at list/extract time, a globbing
> PATTERN
>  -o, --old-archive, --portability   write a V7 format archive
>      --posix                        write a POSIX format archive
>  -j, -y, --bzip, --bzip2, --bunzip2 filter the archive through bzip2
>  -z, --gzip, --ungzip               filter the archive through gzip
>  -Z, --compress, --uncompress       filter the archive through compress
>      --use-compress-program=PROG    filter through PROG (must accept -d)
>
> Maybe it's not tar, maybe the file is broken?
>
> --
> Matt Sealey <matt at genesi-usa.com>
> Manager, Genesi, Developer Relations

I was trying to out think myself.

If I execute the following on  4.11-RELEASE-p17 with a portsnap current
ports collection:

cd /usr/ports/graphics/linux_dri
make extract

I get this error:
===>  Extracting for linux_dri-6.5
=> MD5 Checksum OK for Mesa-linux-bin-6.5.tar.bz2.
=> SHA256 Checksum OK for Mesa-linux-bin-6.5.tar.bz2.
=> MD5 Checksum OK for linux-libglide.tar.gz.
=> SHA256 Checksum OK for linux-libglide.tar.gz.
=> MD5 Checksum OK for linux-dri-tools.tar.gz.
=> SHA256 Checksum OK for linux-dri-tools.tar.gz.
/usr/bin/tar: This does not look like a tar archive
/usr/bin/tar: Skipping to next header
/usr/bin/tar: Archive contains obsolescent base-64 headers
/usr/bin/tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors
*** Error code 1

If I do it on 6.1-RELEASE-p1 also with a current port collection it works
fine.

my tar version on 4.11 is:
# tar --version
tar (GNU tar) 1.13.25
This program comes with NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
You may redistribute it under the terms of the GNU General Public License;
see the file named COPYING for details.
Written by John Gilmore and Jay Fenlason.

on 6.1 it is:
# tar --version
bsdtar 1.02.023, libarchive 1.02.026
Copyright (C) 2003-2005 Tim Kientzle

On 6.1, the bsdtar will figure out that a file is .gz or .bz2 and still
extract, however, the GNU tar does not.

It seems that this port has distfile in two different formats and the the
port structure cannot handle it.

Bill