new port of bonfire

michael johnson ahze at ahze.net
Thu Jul 6 19:37:36 UTC 2006

On 7/6/06, michael johnson <ahze at freebsd.org> wrote:

> On 7/6/06, Jeremy Messenger <mezz7 at cox.net> wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, 06 Jul 2006 14:21:03 -0500, Lars Engels <lars.engels at 0x20.net>
> > wrote:

> > > Hi Sergio!
> > >
> > > You have to send it with 'send-pr'. It's described here:
> > > http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/porters-handbook/porting-submitting.html
> >

> > We already have bonfire in MC ports.
> >
> > http://www.marcuscom.com:8080/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/ports/sysutils/bonfire/
> >
> > The reason why we didn't put it in FreeBSD ports tree is that there is
> > no
> > HAL port, which it exists in MC ports. You will have to talk with ahze
> > about it. I personal have no idea if it required HAL support or
> > whatever.
>

> I haven't looked but I don't think the newest version of bonfire uses hal.

2006: Bonfire-0.3.90
Lots of small and big fixes/changes to improve the overall UI and usability
of B
onfire (See Changelog).
Three deps were removed (HAL, DBus, GDL). I know many of you (including me)
like
d GDL but it is not enough maintained to be fully usable.
User can now choose image type when copying a disc to hard drive.
Three new translations: Italian, and Brazilian Portugue

Michael