installation failure: /usr/ports/graphics/libgphoto2

Charlie Sorsby crs at sorsby.org
Wed Jul 5 23:50:06 UTC 2006

My system is running freeBSD 4.11 (no, 5.x or 6.x are not options)
and XFree86 4.4.0.

I just tried to install subject port with the following results:
(That was after having installed gphoto2 if that makes a difference
-- perhaps gphoto2 installed it as a dependency but I should have
thought that the ports make file would have checked to see if it
was previously installed)

Wednesday,  5 Jul, 2006 -- 17:41:47 MDT
===>  Extracting for libgphoto2-2.1.5
=> Checksum OK for libgphoto2-2.1.5.tar.gz.
===>  Patching for libgphoto2-2.1.5
===>   libgphoto2-2.1.5 depends on executable: gmake - found
===>   libgphoto2-2.1.5 depends on file: /usr/local/bin/libtool15 - found
===>   libgphoto2-2.1.5 depends on executable: pkg-config - found
===>   libgphoto2-2.1.5 depends on shared library: usb-0.1.7 - found
===>   libgphoto2-2.1.5 depends on shared library: exif.10 - found
===>   libgphoto2-2.1.5 depends on shared library: gnugetopt.1 - found
===>   libgphoto2-2.1.5 depends on shared library: intl - found
===>  Configuring for libgphoto2-2.1.5
checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c -o root -g wheel
checking for gawk... gawk
checking whether gmake sets $(MAKE)... yes
checking for gcc... cc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether cc accepts -g... yes
checking for cc option to accept ANSI C... none needed
checking for style of include used by gmake... GNU
checking dependency style of cc... gcc
checking how to run the C preprocessor... cc -E
checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c -o root -g wheel
checking for po/Makevars requiring evil hack... no
checking whether NLS is requested... yes
checking for msgfmt... /usr/local/bin/msgfmt
checking for gmsgfmt... /usr/local/bin/msgfmt
checking for xgettext... /usr/local/bin/xgettext
checking for msgmerge... /usr/local/bin/msgmerge
checking build system type... i386-portbld-freebsd4.11
checking host system type... i386-portbld-freebsd4.11
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for strerror in -lcposix... no
checking for egrep... grep -E
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for an ANSI C-conforming const... no
checking for signed... yes
checking for inline... inline
checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for memory.h... yes
checking for strings.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... no
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking for off_t... yes
checking for size_t... yes
checking for long long... yes
checking for long double... yes
checking for wchar_t... yes
checking for wint_t... yes
checking for inttypes.h... no
checking for stdint.h... no
checking for intmax_t... no
checking whether printf() supports POSIX/XSI format strings... yes
checking for working alloca.h... no
checking for alloca... yes
checking for stdlib.h... (cached) yes
checking for unistd.h... (cached) yes
checking for getpagesize... yes
checking for working mmap... yes
checking whether we are using the GNU C Library 2.1 or newer... no
checking whether integer division by zero raises SIGFPE... yes
checking for unsigned long long... yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking whether the inttypes.h PRIxNN macros are broken... no
checking for stdint.h... (cached) no
checking for SIZE_MAX... ./configure.lineno: cannot create conftest.c: directory nonexistent
./configure.lineno: cannot create conftest.c: directory nonexistent
./configure.lineno: cannot create conftest.er1: directory nonexistent
./configure.lineno: cannot create conftest.err: directory nonexistent
cat: conftest.err: No such file or directory
sed: conftest.c: No such file or directory
4294967295U
./configure.lineno: cannot create confdefs.h: directory nonexistent
checking for stdint.h... (cached) no
checking for ld used by GCC... /usr/libexec/elf/ld
checking if the linker (/usr/libexec/elf/ld) is GNU ld... yes
checking for shared library run path origin... ./configure.lineno: cannot create conftest.sh: directory nonexistent
.: Can't open ./conftest.sh: No such file or directory
===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
Please report the problem to ports at FreeBSD.org [maintainer] and attach the
"/usr/ports/graphics/libgphoto2/work/libgphoto2-2.1.5/config.log" including
the output of the failure of your make command. Also, it might be a good idea
to provide an overview of all packages installed on your system (e.g. an `ls
/var/db/pkg`).
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/graphics/libgphoto2.

Here's the directory listing for /var/db/pkg:

44bsd-csh-20001106/
ORBit2-2.12.0_1/
OpenEXR-1.2.1_1/
XFree86-4.4.0_1,1/
XFree86-FontServer-4.4.0_1/
XFree86-NestServer-4.4.0_1/
XFree86-PrintServer-4.4.0_1/
XFree86-Server-4.4.0_6/
XFree86-VirtualFramebufferServer-4.4.0_1/
XFree86-clients-4.4.0_3/
XFree86-documents-4.4.0/
XFree86-font100dpi-4.4.0/
XFree86-font75dpi-4.4.0/