Squid 2.6 issues

Andrew Pantyukhin infofarmer at gmail.com
Tue Jul 4 11:53:18 UTC 2006

Hi!

I'd like to thank you for the quick response to squid 2.6
release. I tried your patches and installed it in production
today, but some major problems made me revert to 2.5.

1. I use transparent squid with ipfw. I don't enable PF or
IPF transparent options. But without them, squid doesn't
seem to support transparent at all. I see this in my logs:

WARNING: transparent proxying not supported

Maybe IPF transparent mode is compatible with ipfw?
I can't test right now.

2. I use three parent caches, and I see _lots_ of messages
in my cache.log:

Failed to select source for <URL>...

3. Redirectors exit after a few seconds in operation

4. Squid locks up and consumes 100% CPU after a
few minutes in operation under mild load

Can you please advertise in some way that squid26 is
not yet quite ready for production. A separate port is a
great idea, but I expect many people to try and fail.

Meanwhile, I don't have much spare time, but I'll be
glad to help resolve the issues.

Thanks again!