New version of portmaster available

Hans Lambermont hans at lambermont.dyndns.org
Mon Jul 3 21:35:55 UTC 2006

Doug Barton wrote:

> 3. Add -o option to replace an installed port with a new port from a
> different location (e.g., portmaster -o emulators/linux_base-fc4
> linux_base) The second argument can also be specified as the name of
> the installed port (e.g., linux_base-8-8.0_15)

Can this be tricked into merging multiple installed versions of a port ?

I have 2 python versions installed :

python-2.3.5_1
python-2.4.3

The python-2.3.5_1 is only required by (pkg_info -R python-2.3.5_1):
libgnomeprintui-2.12.1_1
planner-0.13_3

I want to try forcing those to use python-2.4.3 . Can this be done using
portmaster ? It looks similar to the '-o' option.  But (as expected)
portmaster -o lang/python python-2.3.5_1 wants to build and install
python-2.4.3 and bombs out when it finds out it is already installed.

I can of course set FORCE_PKG_REGISTER, but I think a small check
upfront to the -o option makes sense (skip building/installing the 'new'
port when it is already installed).

What do you think ?

regards,
   Hans Lambermont